BACBI: Anti-Racism, Anti-Semitism, Zionism etc.
- Rima NAJJAR: "The Zionist Exception" (CounterCurrents.org, Aug 31, 2017): click here.
Today, we hear a lot about White supremacy but very little about Jewish supremacy, as if the former stands for the latter.
It is true there are more similarities than differences between Jewish supremacy and White supremacy. Both are based on ethnic/nationalist bias and racism.
- Rima NAJJAR: "The enemy of Palestinian Arabs is Jewish supremacy" (Medium, Aug 25, 2017): click here.
The question of the enemy in Palestine as it is emerging in discourse today is getting confusing.
Historically, Palestine was colonized with the help of the British and support of the United States in service of an ideology created by White European Jews who were atheists.
- Nada ELIA: "Birds of a feather: White supremacy and Zionism" (Middle East Eye, Aug 24, 2017): click here.
A Confederate flag appeared in an apartment window in Manhattan’s East Village in New York City last week, and the neighbours were outraged.
- Rima NAJJAR: "Anti-Semitism Is Not the Issue; Palestine Is" (The Palestine Chronicle, Aug 4, 2017): click here.
In making an appeal to Jews or anybody, Palestinians must certainly not frame their appeal the way Klug, a consultant to the Palestine Strategy Group and the Israel Strategic Forum, does. Rather, they must frame their appeal on the litmus test of principles of justice, human rights and equality – i.e., principles that the Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions (BDS) movement embodies.
- Tony KLUG: "If Israel's occupation doesn't end, anti-Semitism worldwide will rise to sinister heights" (Haaretz, July 30, 2017): click here.
50 years of occupation have reawakened latent prejudices and old stereotypes not only against Jews, but also against Arabs and Muslims. But many still deny Israel's increasingly oppressive control is a crucial factor.
- [Hagai EL-AD]: "Israël saboteert bestrijding antisemitisme, stelt B’Tselem" (The Rights Forum, 3 juli 2017): click here.
Door critici van Israëls bezetting van Palestijns gebied voor antisemieten uit te maken, ondermijnt Israël welbewust de bestrijding van antisemitisme. Dat zei directeur Hagai El-Ad van de Israëlische mensenrechtenorganisatie B’Tselem tijdens een VN-forum in New York, waar de roep om maatregelen tegen Israël luid klonk.
- Philip WEISS: "Yakov Rabkin’s devastating critique of Zionism: it is opposed to Jewish tradition and liberalism" (Mondoweiss, June 27, 2017): click here.
Last year one of the most important books on Zionism, ever, was published in English by Pluto: What Is Modern Israel? by Yakov Rabkin, a professor of history at the University of Montreal. The central theme of the book is how Zionists have exploited Judaism and western traditions to offer Israel as a liberal democracy when it is actually a nationalist colonialists project hanging on by its paranoid fingernails.
- "Une insoutenable européanisation du chantage à l’antisémitisme" (UJFP, 3 juin, 2017): click here.
Le Parlement européen a voté à une très large majorité, le jeudi 1er juin, une nouvelle résolution sur l’antisémitisme. Il va sans dire que nous déplorons, une fois encore, la singularisation de l’antisémitisme vis-à-vis des autres formes de racisme.
- Naomi WIMBORNE IDRISSI: "Far-right Islamophobes unite with pro-Israel lobbyists in European Parliament antisemitism debate" (Free Speech on Israel, June 1, 2017): click here.
This document, based on an earlier “working definition” abandoned by the now defunct EU monitoring centre on racism and xenophobia (EUMC), broadens the widely understood concept of antisemitism as hostility towards Jews, to include criticism of Israel.
- "Rejection of the IHRA definition of antisemitism by the British University and College Union (UCU)" (UCU, May 29, 2017): click here.
Congress re-affirms:UCU's condemnation of all forms of racial or religious hatred or discrimination; UCU's commitment to free speech and academic freedom; the importance of open campus debate on Israel/Palestine. Congress resolves that UCU dissociates itself from the IHRA definition.
- "Combating anti-semitism. European Parliament resolution of 1 June 2017 on combating anti-Semitism (2017/2692(RSP))": click here!
- Stephen SEDLEY: "Defining Anti-Semitism" (London Review of Books, vol. 39.9, May 4, 2017): click here.
Shorn of philosophical and political refinements, anti-Semitism is hostility towards Jews as Jews. Where it manifests itself in discriminatory acts or inflammatory speech it is generally illegal, lying beyond the bounds of freedom of speech and of action. By contrast, criticism (and equally defence) of Israel or of Zionism is not only generally lawful: it is affirmatively protected by law.
- Lawrence DAVIDSON: "Politicising anti-Semitism: the USA’s and UK’s flawed definition. The working definition" (Redress Information & Analysis, May 3, 2017): click here.
“Back in the day,” which in this case was 8 February 2007, the US State Department’s Office to Monitor and Combat anti-Semitism adopted a “working definition” of anti-Semitism which included the following point: It is anti-Semitic to “deny the Jewish people their right to self-determination (e.g. by claiming that the existence of a state of Israel is a racist endeavour)”.
- Jonathan OFIR: "Why so many are twisting Ken Livingstone’s words about Hitler and Zionism" (Mondoweiss, April 6, 2017): click here.
Two days ago, former London Mayor Ken Livingstone was sentenced to another year of suspension after a hearing by the Labour Party’s national constitutional committee (NCC) concerning his remarks on Hitler’s temporary support for Zionism.
- Naomi WIMBORNE IDRISSI: "Legal opinion blasts holes in pro-Israel definition of antisemitism" (Free Speech on Israel, March 29, repr. from NYT by permission of the author): click here.
The launch on Monday of Hugh Tomlinson QC’s devastating legal opinion on the so-called IHRA definition of antisemitism marks a watershed moment in resisting Israeli-backed attempts to gag pro-Palestinian advocacy.
- Hugh TOMLINSON QC: "In the matter of the adoption and potential application of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance working definition of anti-semitism" (March 8, pdf, 10p.): click here.
- "Combating Antisemitism" (European Commission, Justice and Consumers, March 24, 2017): click here.
Modern Antisemitism appears in many different forms and is not always easy to unmask. In May 2016 the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance adopted by unanimity a legally non-binding working definition of Antisemitism. The European Commission welcomes any useful tool for civil society, law enforcement authorities and education facilities to effectively recognise and fight all forms of Antisemitism.
- Joseph LEVINE: "On Questioning the Jewish State" (Free Speech on Israel, March 19, repr. from NYT by permission of the author): click here.
I was raised in a religious Jewish environment, and though we were not strongly Zionist, I always took it to be self-evident that "Israel has a right to exist." Now anyone who has debated the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will have encountered this phrase often....
- "Shortcomings of the IHRA Definition of Antisemitism" (Free Speech on Israel, pdf, 4p.): click here. Website: click here.
- "Free Speech on Israel Briefing: What antisemitism is, and what it is not" (Free Speech on Israel): click here.
- Gideon LEVY: "You've Got to Envy the Jews of the World" (Haaretz, March 16, 2017): click here.
You’ve got to envy the Jews, the most privileged minority in the free world. The Arabs in Europe, the Muslims in America, the blacks and Native Americans, the Gypsies, the aborigines, Arab Israelis, and of course, the Palestinians in the territories – all these groups can only dream of enjoying the kind of rights and standing enjoyed by the Jewish minority in the world.
- Rod SUCH: "How Zionist terrorism determined Palestine’s fate" (EI, March 15, 2017): click here.
State of Terror: How Terrorism Created Modern Israel, Thomas Suárez, Olive Branch Press (2017).
- "Racism and Racial Discrimination are the Antithesis of Freedom, Justice & Equality" (Palestinian BDS National Committee, March 7, 2017): click here.
The global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement for freedom, justice and equality of the Palestinian people is an inclusive, nonviolent human rights movement that rejects all forms of racism and racial discrimination.
- Amy KAPLAN: "History shows that anti-Semitism and pro-Zionism have never been mutually exclusive" (Mondoweiss, Feb 24, 2017): click here.
TIs it possible to be anti-Semitic and pro-Israel at the same time? Your answer depends on how you define the terms. As Toni Morrison wrote, “definitions belong to the definers, not the defined.” If you define anti-Semitism solely as criticism of Israel, the answer is dangerously simple.
- 7amleh center publishes "The index of racism and incitement in the Israeli social media" 2016" (7amleh, Feb 7, 2017): click here.
[The Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media, Haifa] The research reveals that 60,000 Israeli internet users wrote at least one post containing either racism or hatred towards Arabs and Palestinians 7amleh identified 675,000 racist or provocative posts against Arabs on social networks, which were uploaded at the rate of one post every 46 seconds throughout 2016. The majority of these posts were on Facebook. The number of posts more than doubled in 2016, rising from 280,00 similar posts in 2015 to 675,000 in 2016.
- "[IHRA] Working Definition of Antisemitism" (IHRA, Jan 27, 2017): click here.
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) welcomes the decision of European Commission to include the IHRA working definition of antisemitism, adopted in May 2016, on the Commission's website. The IHRA is particularly glad to see this positive step, which it hopes to be followed by the adoption of the working definition of antisemitism by the EU itself.
- Gideon LEVY: "Kill Them, They’re Fair Game" (Haaretz, Jan 19, 2017): click here.
To most Jewish Israelis, Arabs aren't human beings equal to us. This dehumanization makes the soldiers and police trigger-happy.
- Amitai BEN-ABBA: "Antisemitism and its useful idiots" (Mondoweiss, Jan 17, 2017): click here.
All over the world people who challenge Zionism are being accused of antisemitism. You might imagine the one group of dissidents who are safe from this kind of delegitimization is the Israeli Jews—we are not. This cruel irony, when exposed, may actually play a productive role in decoupling antisemitism and anti-Zionism.
- Tom SUAREZ: "Terrorism: How the Israeli state was won" (Mondoweiss, Jan 1, 2017): click here.
On December 14, Tom Suárez spoke at The House of Lords, London, at the invitation of Baroness Jenny Tonge. Drawing from his recently published book "State of Terror", he addressed the centennial of the Balfour Declaration and his views on the way toward ending today’s Israel-Palestine “conflict”.
- Ayala AGRANAT, Michiel DeHAENE & Anya TOPOLSKI, : "'Waarom antisemitisme en antizionisme niet met elkaar verward mogen worden'" (Knack.be, 24 dec 2016): click here.
Het ernstig nemen van de kritiek op het Zionisme belangt niet alleen Israël aan', schrijven Ayala Agranat, Michiel Dehaene en Anya Topolski van Een Andere Joodse Stem. Ze stellen scherp op het onderscheid tussen antisemitisme en antizionisme.
- David ROSENBERG: "The UK government’s new ‘anti-semitism’ definition conflates racism with valid criticism of Israel " (OpenDemocracy, Dec 23, 2016): click here.
We risk repeating what the Israeli journalist Boaz Evron, three decades ago, recognised as “not at all an understanding of the past but a manipulation of the present.”
- Jonathan COOK: "Zionism exposed in pages of New York Times!" (J.C. Blog, Dec 21, 2016): click here.
There is nothing new in what Omri Boehm says. The philosophy professor at the New School in New York articulates a view that many of us on the left have subscribed to for many years. But it is simply astonishing to see it published in the most establishment paper in the country.
- Susan LANDAU: "Unsettle Zionism, champion humanity" (Mondoweiss, Dec 12, 2016): click here.
Marking this Brexit-Trump moment, racism and xenophobia threaten anti-Semitism writ large. Fear evokes reactions that exceed thoughtful strategic analysis. Unsurprisingly in the mix, Zionism is conflated with Judaism. That criticism of Israel is anti-Semitism follows.
- Benn WHITE: "By limiting criticism of Israel, Theresa May's new definition of anti-Semitism will do more harm than good" (Independent, Dec 7, 2016): click here.
When I participated in a debate at the University of Birmingham on Israel and Palestine a few years ago, organisers told us not to use the term ‘apartheid’, for fear of falling foul of a definition of anti-Semitism recently passed on campus – the same definition now given a new lease of life by Theresa May.
- Peter BEINART: "American Jewish Establishment Stifles Free Speech to Silence Zionism’s Critics" (Haaretz, Dec 7, 2016): click here.
According to the Senate’s new Anti-Semitism Awareness Act, Henrietta Szold, Hannah Arendt and Martin Buber could also be defined as Jew-haters.
- Heike SCHOTTEN: "Analysis: Israel’s sliding definition of anti-Semitism in the Trump era" (Ma'an, Nov 22, 2016): click here.
You would think that support for Israel is fundamentally at odds with anti-Semitism. If you thought that, however, you would be wrong. The past few days have witnessed a bizarre pile-up of prominent Israel-supporters going out of their way to defend or excuse what seem to be obviously anti-Semitic views voiced by Steve Bannon.
- Yakov HIRSCH: "The power of hasbara culture" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2016): click here.
In my last article, I compared the opposition to the Palestinian-led Boycott Divestment and Sanctions movement (BDS) of two influential Jewish journalists, Jeffrey Goldberg and Peter Beinart. I demonstrated that as Zionists they both opposed the BDS movement but with significant differences.
- Sara HIRSCHHORN: "Liberal Zionists, We Lost the Kids" (Haaretz, Oct 31, 2016): click here.
Diaspora Jewish teens' radical dissociation from Israel is not about the settlements or the occupation. They're ashamed to be associated with Zionism.
- Ben WHITE: "TMoves to silence critics of Israel have made the debate about Zionism unstoppable" (Middle East Eye, Oct 30, 2016): click here.
By now, it is clear that the UK Labour Party’s so-called “crisis” of anti-Semitism is being used to delegitimise anti-Zionism by groups and individuals who see the two as one and the same thing. It is that conflation I want to address, and specifically, how it is only possible through the dehumanisation and disappearance of the Palestinians.
- Lilian ROSENGARTEN: "The dark side of Jewish consciousness: manufactured anti-Semitism" (Mondoweiss, Oct 29, 2016): click here.
I dedicate this essay to Hajo Meyer (1924-2014) anti-Zionist, political activist, Auschwitz survivor and hero in the struggle for Palestinian freedom. His words continue to inform me and his actions comfort my sorrow.
- Nada ELIA: "It's Zionism, not the occupation, that's the real problem" (Mondoweiss, Oct 25, 2016): click here.
Earlier this month, at the 15th annual conference held near Washington DC, the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation announced that it was officially changing its name to US Campaign for Palestinian Rights.
- Stuart LITTLEWOOD: "UK anti-Semitism report tries to whitewash Zionism" (Redress Information & Analysis, Oct 18, 2016): click here.
The Home Affairs Select Committee of the House of Commons, the lower house of the British parliament, has just issued its report, “Anti-Semitism in the UK”, in response to concerns about “an increase in prejudice and violence against Jewish communities”.
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "Why I left the cult" (Mondoweiss, Oct 8, 2016): click here.
Dear Israel and Israeli Jews, Maybe it’s pointless writing to you, and I guess I am not expecting a response. I am writing because I feel a certain sense of duty.
- Jonathan OFIR: "Even liberal Zionists wanted to send Palestinians to the moon" (Mondoweiss, Sept 4, 2016): click here.
The problem with this occupation is not, primarily, the presence of soldiers and military governance (although that in itself is a problem) – the problem is the ideology that informs it. That is – Zionism. This ideology seeks maximum land with minimum Palestinians. The hunger and craving for territory most often gets precedence over humanitarian concern for non-Jews.
- Jonathan ROSENHEAD: "Is Zionist a rude word?" (Open Democracy, Sept 3, 2016): click here.
“How are we to understand the amazing increase in rhetoric about antisemitism, quite divorced from any actually discernible increase in antisemitism itself?”
- Luc DELVAL: "Du rififi dans l’establishment de la “communauté juive” de Belgique " (Pour la Palestine, sept 3, 2016): click here.
Nous nous sommes trouvés déjà, dans un passé récent, dans l’obligation de dire le peu de considération que nous inspire la manière d’agir de l’actuel Président du “Comité de Coordination des Organisations Juives de Belgique” (CCOJB), à l’occasion de l’appel particulièrement haineux, antidémocratique, diffamatoire et mensonger, qu’il s’était cru autorisé à lancer en faveur de la criminalisation du mouvement BDS en Belgique, en avril dernier.
- Bradley BURSTON: "Racism-as-Zionism. Don't Call It 'pro-Israel.' Call It What It Is: Disgusting" (Haaretz, Aug 30, 2016): click here.
It's time to stop pretending that racism can ever be good for the Jews. Not in practice, and not in propaganda.
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "The Palestine-Israel language trap" (Mondoweiss, Aug 19, 2016): click here.
Last Saturday I attended a one-day conference on Israeli Settler-colonialism in Palestine organised by the Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign (SPSC) in Edinburgh. It was a moving and gripping day. All the speakers at the conference acknowledged, each in his own way, that speaking about settler-colonialism in Palestine-Israel clarifies and simplifies the narrative about what is really going on there.
- Hasia DINER & Marjorie N. FELD: "We’re American Jewish Historians. This Is Why We’ve Left Zionism Behind" (Haaretz, Aug 1, 2016): click here.
Our connections to Israel flourished, faltered and finally ended even though we grew up, live and work in the heart of the American Jewish community.
- Mary DAVIS: "Contestation between anti-Zionism and antisemitism" (Open Democracy, July 27, 2016): click here.
Only when we refute the monolithic interpretation of Zionist theory and practice can we approach an understanding of the contested relationship between anti-zionism and antisemitism.
- [Press Release: IHRA working definition of antisemitism] (IHRA May 2016, 2016, pdf, 2p.): click here.
- Lawrence DAVIDSON: "Zionism goes from bad to worse, taking Judaism with it" (Redress Information & Analysis, July 24, 2016): click here.
Zionism’s range of influence is shrinking. One can see this progression worldwide. At a popular level the Israelis have lost control of the historical storyline of Israel-Palestine.
- Jonathan ROSENHEAD: "How antisemitic are you?" (AURDIP, July 12, 2016): click here.
OK, the title is mostly to get you reading. This article is really about how to read the Chakrabarti Report into antisemitism in the Labour Party (and we will get there shortly). But the title does correspond to a potential issue.
- Max BLUMENTHAL: "It Is Important to Have Perspective on Elie Wiesel's Legacy" (Alternet, July 5, 2016): click here.
The news of Elie Wiesel’s death in the early morning of July 2 ushered in veneration and reflections from figures across the political spectrum, from Bill Clinton and Donald Trump to Benjamin Netanyahu and George W. Bush. The outpouring of high-level praise aimed at consolidating Wiesel as the eternal voice of the Holocaust and the central preceptor of its lessons. Those who criticized his legacy or pointed out his moral contradictions, meanwhile, were ferociously attacked by the forces he helped inspire.
- Richard FALK: "The Zionism debate as a shield for Israeli policy" (Middle East Eye, June 5, 2016): click here.
To be clear, it is not Zionism that should be evaluated as racist, but Israel as a state subject to international law, including the International Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (1966) and the International Convention on the Crime of Apartheid (1973).
- "IHRA Working-definition of anti-Semitism" (Bucharest, May 26, 2016): click here.
- Ilan PAPPE: "Now is not the time to surrender to Israel's bullying on 'anti-Semitism'" (Middle East Eye, May 5, 2016): click here.
There comes a time in a movement's struggle when success is both a rewarding moment but also a very dangerous one. The apartheid regime in South Africa pursued its most vicious and lethal policies shortly before the fall of the regime.
- Philip WEISS & Adam HOROWITZ: "Saying Israel has no right to exist as a Jewish state is not anti-Semitic" (Mondoweiss, May 3, 2016): click here.
In practice, the Jewish State in Israel/Palestine has meant an ethnocracy where Jews are given special and exclusive rights over other citizens and non-citizens under the sovereignty of the Israeli government. This is a system that we reject for political, personal and moral reasons that are in no way connected to vilifying or discriminating against Jews, the traditional definition of anti-Semitism.
- Jonathan COOK: "The true anti-semites, past and present" (Jonathan Cook, May 3, 2016): click here.
We are desperately in need of some sanity as the British political and media establishment seek to generate yet another “new anti-semitism” crisis, on this occasion to undermine a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour party before the upcoming local elections.
- Willem-Gert ALDERSHOFF: "De tragische uitholling van de term 'anti-semitisme'" (Joop, 9 mei, 2016): click here.
Onlangs brak er in Groot-Brittannië een discussie over anti-semitisme los. Aanleiding was de uitspraak van de voormalige Londense burgemeester Ken Livingstone dat Hitler het Zionisme had gesteund.
- Ray FILAR: ""Why I am anti-zionist Jew" (OpenDemocracy, 29 April, 2016): click here.
The Israeli government deliberately invokes terrorist attacks, rockets, and scary brown men in headscarfs to stoke the population's fear, but I am scared of the racism Zionists use to justify the occupation. Originally published August 2014.
- Ben WHITE: ""What Zionism has meant for Palestinians" (MEMo, 29 April, 2016): click here.
"If there are other inhabitants there, they must be transferred to some other place. We must take over the land. We have a greater and nobler ideal than preserving several hundred thousands of Arab fellahin." Menahem Ussishkin, chair of Jewish National Fund, 1930.
- Serge ROZEN: "Discours de Serge Rozen au Diner de Gala du CCOJB 12 04 2016" (Facebook): click here.
L’antisionisme n’est pas la critique de la politique de l’un ou l’autre gouvernement de l’Etat d’Israël. C’est l’opposition clairement exprimée à l’aspiration d’un foyer national juif, c’est le refus de l’existence même de l’Etat d’Israël.
- Ben WHITE: "We need to talk about Israel’s ‘right to exist’" (Middle East Eye, 6 April, 2015): click here.
The cancellation of a conference by the University of Southampton highlights questions that Israel’s apologists are desperate to keep off limits.
- Brian KLUG: "What Do We Mean When We Say 'Antisemitism'? Echoes of Shattering Glass" Proceedings International conference “Antisemitism in Europe Today: the Phenomena, the Conflicts”, 8-9 November 2014 (pdf, 16p.): click here.
Voor het archief klik hier!
- *"Israeli forces detain 11 Palestinians, including 4 minors, in overnight raids" (Ma'an, March 29, 2017).
- Amira HASS: "Israeli Settlers Kill a Sheep in Latest Escalation in Jordan Valley, Palestinians Say" (Haaretz, Feb 18, 2017).
- "Israel aims to ‘Judaize’ historical Bethlehem village" (Middle East Monitor, Jan 13, 2017).
- Nasouh NAZZAL: "Israel’s pesticide war on Gazan farmers" (Gulf News Palestine, Dec 26, 2016).
- Emily MULDER: "Israeli guard: 'Go from this land or I will kill you'" (Al Jazeera, Dec 26, 2016).
- "A six-year-old Palestinian girl killed after being run over by Israeli settler" (Middle East Children Alliance, 2016).
- Gideon LEVY & Alex LEVAC: "In Some of the Israeli Army's Raids, Leaving Empty-handed Is Not an Option" (Haaretz, Aug 27, 2016).
- "Israeli settlers attack Palestinian girl in Ramallah, stab and kill her sheep" (Ma'an, Aug 5, 2016).
- "Un enfant palestinien [de 12 ans] tué par des soldats israéliens" (Libération, 19 juillet 2016).
- Kit O'CONNELL: "Israel Cutting Palestinians Off From Their Own Water Supply" (MintPress News, June 30, 2016).
- "Israeli Soldiers Kill A Palestinian Child Near Ramallah" (IMEMC, June 21, 2016).
- Edo KONRAD: "Tel Aviv mayor says the occupation is a cause of Palestinian terror" (+972, June 9, 2016).
- "After being shot three days ago by IOF, Palestinian youth dies from injuries" (Palestinian Information Center, June 6, 2016).
- Palestine PMO: Israel’s destruction of Palestinian water infrastructure is atrocious (Palestine News Network, May 26, 2016).
- Again, settlers burn Palestinian farms in West Bank (Days of Palestine, May 16, 2016).
- Michal ZAK: "Third intifada, terror wave, the 'situation': Just don't mention the 'O' word to Israelis" (Middle East Eye, March 13, 2016).
- Jon QUEALLY: "Brother and Sister, Children Aged 10 and 6, Killed by Israeli Bombing in Gaza" (Common Dreams, March 13, 2016).
- Jonathan COOK: "Aid subversion report makes for shocking reading" (The National, March 7, 2016).
- "Palestijns meisje van 13 geëxecuteerd" (alexandrina.nl, 23 jan, 2016).
- "UN decries Abu Nuwar demolitions, calls for immediate end to planned transfers" (Medical Aid for Palestinians, MAP, Jan 20, 2016).
- Julie PUTSEYS: "Palestijnse empowerment op Israëlische scholen." Geen gelijke kansen zonder evenwaardig onderwijs. Zo denkt de Arabisch-Israëlische professor Dalia Fadila er alleszins over. (MO*, 10 Jan 2016).
- Uri SAVIR: "Why solving Israel-Palestine conflict is still key for regional stability" (Al-Monitor, Jan 3, 2016).
- C.J.WERLEMAN: "The road to hell is paved with 'national security'". Israel is turning the West’s fixation on the Islamic State group into an opportunity to expand its apartheid laws and militarisation of the West Bank (Middle East Eye, Jan 1, 2016).
- Mazal MUALEM: "'Hate wedding' video offers glimpse at Jewish terror" (Al-Monitor, Dec 28, 2015).
- Maureen Clare MURPHY: "Catastrophe for Syrians and Palestinians alike in war-ravaged country" (The Electronic Intifada, Dec 23, 2015).
- Shlomi ELDAR: "Why the US is part of Middle East problem, not the solution". Interview with Ayman Odeh (Al-Monitor, Dec 14, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "Obama’s ISIS czar says we can’t defeat extremism without resolving Palestinian issue" (Mondoweiss, Dec 14, 2015).
- Uri SAVIR: "How the Islamic State hurts Palestinian cause" (Al-Monitor, Dec 6, 2015).
- Al Jazeera: "Gaza's crumbling healthcare system" (Yahoo.com, Dec 8, 2015).
- Nurit CANETTI: "The radicalization of Israel" (Al-Monitor, Dec 2, 2015).
- Kate: "Prominent Israeli settler runs over 16-year-old girl, then shoots her dead" (Mondoweiss, Nov 23, 2015).
- Gideon LEVY: "So These Are Israel's New Heroes?" Israel's recent military operations in Palestinian hospitals are a blatant violation of the Geneva Convention, and make you wonder how low the country can sink (Haaretz, Nov 21, 2015).
- Philip WEISS: "The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism" (Mondoweiss, Nov 15, 2015).
- Ahmed MOOR: "The Problem of Palestine is Zionism" (Fair Observer, Nov 11, 2015).
- Miko PELED: "Zionism is racism: Notes from Tel-Rumeida, Hebron, El-Khalil" (American Herald Tribune, Nov 13, 2015).
- Megan HANNA: "‘It Has Become A Prison’: The ghettoization of Hebron" (Mondoweiss, Nov 11, 2015).
- Avigail ABARBANEL: "Netanyahu’s craziness is calculated, to drive out Palestinians" (Mondoweiss, Nov 5, 2015).
- Michel WARSCHAWSKI: "La jeunesse palestinienne à couteaux tirés avec Israël" (Orient XXI, 15 Oct 2015).
- Kamel HAWWASH: "Palestinians have a problem with occupiers not (with) Jews" (MEMO, Oct 30, 2015).
- "Palestijnse baby vermoord met traangas" (Alexandrina, Oct 31, 2015).
- Ali ABUNIMAH: "Israel’s executions of Palestinian teens must end, Amnesty says" (The Electronic Intifada, Oct 28, 2015).
- Killian REDDEN: "Hebron at eye of the storm as death toll rises" (Ma'an News Agency, Oct 26, 2015).
- "Netanyahu Shamelessly Exploits the Shoah to Stoke Fear of Palestinians" (Jewish Voice for Peace, Oct 21, 2015).
- Amos GVIRTZ: "From Unilateral- to Bilateral War - or: How the Palestinians Fight to Prevent Being Expelled From the Country" (Occupation Magazine, Oct 20, 2015).
- Noam SHEIZAF: "Jerusalem, in context" (+972, October 19, 2015). "The current events in Jerusalem have a political history and context. Attempts to attribute the violence to some kind of Palestinian pathology while ignoring other factors is a recipe for making things worse."
- Meron RAPOPORT: "The paradox of Jerusalem" (Middle East Eye, October 17, 2015).